Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tullian Tchividjian : It's Okay To Not Be Okay


    Pastor Tullian Tchividjian's reflections on the gospel has helped me through difficult circumstances in the past. In the midst of conflict, I realized that the praise of men did not matter because in Jesus Christ I have everything that I need, I am accepted by God, and I am his son. Even when I was misunderstood, when my motives were questioned, and when I was maligned, I realized that there was no need to retialiate nor defend myself. I had Jesus Christ and my satisfaction was in Him. My reputation did not matter, pleasing God in loving obedience mattered. I was free to lose because the truth was - I didn't lose anything!

    He has an upcoming book : Jesus + Nothing = Everything that helps us to remember the good news the we forget - the gospel - and that true Christianity is faith in Jesus and only Jesus.

Here's an excerpt of the book : It's Okay To Not Be Okay

Related posts :

The Good News That We Forget Part 1

The Good News That We Forget Part 2 : I Need The Gospel Daily

The Good News That We Forget Part 3 : What is Cheap Grace

The Good News That We Forget Part 4 : The Gospel-Centered Life

No comments:

Post a Comment