Sunday, September 19, 2010

Forgiveness - one man's story

    When we forgive those who have hurt us, their immediate response might not be the outcome that we desire.  We expect an apology or repentance.  By forgiving, we do risk getting rejected instead. But watch the testimony of this brother on his struggles in forgiving his father and the victory in his life as he obeyed the command to forgive as Christ forgave him (Colossians 3:13, Ephesians 4:32). 

    From my own life experience, I've learned that forgiving others is good for my soul. For if I do not forgive, my relationship with Christ suffers. We don't often see it this way. Instead, we focus on the unfairness and the injustice of it all when we free the offender from the debt and penalty of his offense. Remember this: when we obey, God is faithful and willing to bring peace and reconciliation in our lives and in our relationship with others. (More on this in a future blog post on the Lord's Prayer).


Because I've Been Forgiven: Craig - Part 1 from Peacemaker Ministries on Vimeo.


Because I've Been Forgiven: Craig Pt. 2 from Peacemaker Ministries on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment