Sunday, July 18, 2010

Getting Into The Blogging Habit

    I've stopped blogging for a while because I couldn't think of anything to write about. I didn't want to write about trivial, non-essential stuff. There's too much of that going on already. I wanted this blog to be the medium by which I could put into words my experiences, thoughts, and reflections as a Christian who is living out my faith in a post-modern world. It turned out to be more difficult than I thought.

    Lately though I have discovered something worth blogging about  - books and our Bible study discussions in our small group! I began habitually reading again when I came across the writings of John Piper. Through his books, I have come to fully embrace Christian orthodoxy. Some may say it is old time religion, but it is still fully relevant today as it was in the past. God does not change and so his revelation through the Bible of sin, redemption, atonement, living a holy life, and the destiny of this world remain the same even though the world is continuing to change rapidly. The Bible says that in the last days there will be false teachers that spread unbiblical ideas and distorted interpretations of God's Word. I have found that returning to orthodoxy helps me recognize what is the truth and what is the lie in the church and the world today which I'll write about in future blogs.

     What John Piper's books helped me to do was to go back to basic Christian doctrines and understand them to such depths that I have never before reached. My long unanswered questions on human suffering, evil in this world, sanctification, and even the meaning and purpose of life were satisfyingly answered through his sermons and books which are available online at Desiring God ministries.

      So my prayer is that this blog will glorify God (1 Corinthians 10:31) and help lead readers to Jesus Christ.






   

1 comment:

  1. God bless you as you continue your pursuit to glorify Jesus through delighting in him. May your head also flood daily with great ideas to this end.

    ReplyDelete